Project 89 is designed to be a catalyst to help you live a Jesus-centered life by reading all 89 chapters found in the Gospels. These four books of the Bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) all describe Jesus’ life through parables and eye-witness accounts. The simple exercise of reading the Gospels will help to root you in the teachings of Jesus.
Project 89 is designed for anyone who wants to know more about Jesus and wants to become more like Jesus. Anyone middle school aged and beyond can utilize this tool
1) In a journal, do the following:
- On the first page, create a Table of Contents that has four columns, moving from left to right:
- Chapter (e.g. Matthew 1)
- Title you give the chapter (after reading it)
- Page number
2) Number the pages in your journal (leaving the first three pages for the Table of Contents). We recommend using an 80-page moleskine journal.
3) Start your first day by reading Matthew 1.
- Before reading the chapter pause to pray. Ask Jesus to reveal himself to you as you read.
- Read the chapter at least once before pausing to let the Holy Spirit speak to you. Ask, “What do you want me to know?” writedown your observations, thoughts, and questions.
- Now record a title for the chapter, based on your personal thoughts and reflections.
- In response to reading and praying, now ask God, “What do you want me to do?” Write this down, too.
- As you go, ask God to help you apply to your life what he revealed to you.
4) Share what God has revealed to you with a friend!
5) Make your way through all 89 chapters, reading from Matthew 1 – John 21. Don’t worry about skipping days . . . just keep going!
6) If you would like to sign-up for weekly emails to encourage you in this process, click here.
Questions? Contact Marshall Jamieson.
Written and developed by the entire Centered team.
To draw people into a more engaged walk with the Lord and a deeper relationship with His living and breathing text.